Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28th, 2010


Good Morning! Got started yesterday with ironing the fabric for my dad's Yosemite Quilt. It is to be done in "watercolor" style, and I have a copy of a photo he took of his favorite scene of Yosemite, and I have laid a grid over it and copied the grid onto the enlarged photo, so that I can see what fabrics to put where. The finished quilt will be roughly 50"x 36". Today is more ironing to do, and then I can start slicing and dicing the fabric into 2" squares, making the finished squares
1 1/4" square. I have a gridded background of interfacing to pin the fabrics to, and I hope I have enough "rocky" colored grays to make El Capitan and Half-Dome. I need to finish the quilt by Oct 8th, because I am flying out to California to see my dad and his wife on Oct. 9th-16th, and I want to bring this wall-hanging out with me to them. I sure hope it turns out to be as beautiful as I think it will.
I'll be posting pictures of the quilt in progress as I go along, so you can see it in its various stages. I have procrastinated about doing this quilt for so long, but now I have a deadline I have set for myself, and I WILL get it done in time.
Since this is my first post on a new blog, I'll introduce myself with my picture, and just a tad of history. I was an art major in college, and only took up quilting about 8 years ago. I also make jewelry, ATCs, altered journals, and I paint. My DH and I have one daughter, married, and they have an 8 month old son who is our delight. I have Parkinson's Disease, so doing small work is difficult for me, because I have hand tremors that I can't seem to stop. I'm on medication for the Parkinson's Disease, but so far it also has not been able to stop the hand tremors.
Now here is a picture of me and one of our 6 dogs, Darcy, who is my special dog. He is a Pomeranian.

No comments:

Post a Comment